Thursday, June 12, 2008

Nica Adventure

So last night I had my first, real Nica adventure. I was driving with a friend to dinner and his car and his radiator starting overheating. He pulled into a petro-station and asked if they had any supplies. Predictably, they didn't; so I decided to take a taxi and go to the hardware store (la ferreteria) and get some rudimentary tools to fix the issue. On the way, the taxi driver and I hummed along to some MC hammer and discussed the downfall of los Yankees this year. Anyways, we got the problem fixed with his help and everything worked out. Then made it to dinner and watched some of the Lakers-Celtics game, in which the Lakers soared to a huge early lead (though they ended up losing). In general, it's great how American-friendly every one is here and, likewise, how much they enjoy discussing American sports. My Spanish continues to progress, which is good news, and things is general are going well. I'm excited for my first weekend in Managua and am expecting to really see the city and truly experience it (albeit safely). I'll keep in touch. Hasta luego...

No comments: